Denver Swap Finds

John Burke

Spent about 5 hrs. at the Denver swap last Sat. Lots of high doller stuff..not my kinda thing...I have trouble visualizing somone paying 1200-1500 for a set of heads..I mean there is a speed limit...I felt happy at finding a set of NIB, Lynx-eye, blue dots for my 49 Dodge and a vintage air cleaner for the chebby in it...A few tools and some sandpaper and we were outa there...Next one for me is in Lincoln come March. Outdoors, always cold but close to home...John Burke

John, I made it there too. Picked up a dual action fuel pump, saw a few B&B Carter carbs but none in very good shape, liked the 36 Dodge truck they had there...it was sold already. Interesting 1960 Australian Ute as well. Found a few 49 Plymouth bumpers but again...too much and not in that good of shape. Where is the Lincoln swap meet held? Are the dates set yet? There will be a fairly good one in Loveland sometime this spring/early summer sponsored by the local AACA group. I think it will be at the old fair grounds location.

Lincoln, NE Sunday, March 11, 2007. It's put on by the Eastern Nebraska Western Iowa Car Council at the State Fair Park.

• 4 weeks later...