Hey! New guy from TX

KreepyDeluxe

Hey guys

Wanted to post and say hello. My name is Joe, I go by Kreepy, I am a pinstriper (who isn't these days huh?), Painter, designer. I have loved cars for as long as I can remember. Although, I am a little green when it comes to working on cars and such. I recently purchased a '47 P-15 from a buddy of mine. Pretty good shape, a few major things and a ton of minor but an ambitious first project. I am lucky enough to have it at a shop with access to all the tools I need.

I am really glad to have found this place and I am looking forward to the forum.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I read the post...I'm not a spammer. But I do plug myself and my business quite shamelessly.

I am just getting started on my car, bought her a month ago and two weeks later I lost my job. Forcing me into a life of freelance art. That is stating very slow. Wife says we have to pay the bills before buying parts for the car so...now she sits waiting for me to sell some art for rocker panels. I have started a build log (sort of) on my blog at www.kreepys.com.

I will post more pics as I progress and share them with y'all.

Kreepy

post-6438-13585352081576_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Your car looks like it has most, if not all, of the trim. That is a big plus when working on these cars as the trim is usually the hardest item to find. I see you have one rocker panel trim moulding. Do you have the one on the other side? These are pretty hard to find in decent shape. Congrats on starting a P25 project and good luck!

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Your car looks, from what I can see, to be

pretty straight, which of course, is a plus. You probably will want to try

and use the search feature on here when a question arises, as many

things have been previously cussed and discussed. Then, if the answer

doesn't become apparent, jump right in and ask.

These old Mopars are pretty simple in some ways, and different in some

others. If you haven't invested yet in a repair manual and a parts manual,

it would be good to do so when you can. We understand the part about

the job and $$.

Chet, a member here, has an online manual that is downloadable, as I

recall. I think it's the parts book. This link should get you to it. I think

the password is "password".

http://chetscoins.com/1948p15/DocumentWeb/

Welcome, as you can see by my profile I live in georgetown and also have a P-15 four door. I have done several modifications to my car. Disc brakes, 90 Dodge Dakota rear end with 3.55:1 ratio, dual carbs and dual exhaust, rebuilt engine with chevy stainless exhaust valves, 1.62 dia for the intake and 1.5 dia for the exhaust, milled the head .100" and a mild cam regrind. Am waiting until I get full use of my right arm to install a T-5 transmission ans a set of fat man dropped uprights to lower the front 3". If you have questions this is the place to get them answered.