41 plymouth convert

Normspeed

There was a segment on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage today, where they visited a car museum in Summerland British Columbia, in wine country. The museum/collection, I believe it was called the Nixdorf Collection, offers tours of wine country in vintage cars. They spotlighted four beautiful convertibles including the yellow one in the photo. The engine compartment looked original, but I'm wondering, does the location of the rear tires look like the rear end has been swapped out? Or are the rear tires that far forward in the wheel openings on a 41?

post-64-13585351269165_thumb.jpg

even if the rear end was changed, the centering pins on the mount would keep the original wheel well opening..only if the leaf spring were changed to another length (offset) would the axle change its position in the opening..most cars that have the funky opening appearance in relationship to wheels are transplanted bodies to a donor chassis..

I imagine that with the correct size tires AND a dead on side view of the wheel well it would be centered.

pics taken from even the slightest angle will change the perception.

tire size will change it too.

BUT that wheel in the convert looks way forward!!!

here is pic of mine...totally stock situation...and a bit forward looking too.

bill