´Motor Swap to 318/727

Fagerlund

I am putting a 318 in my P15, can someone help me with exhaust manifolds, what works? Do I have to buy headers and modify it. I am going to use my old stearing box if possible, so I want to do as small changes as possible. Please help me with pictures and info what to buy. The engine and trany is from 1985.

Regards

Richard

Welcome, try the search function at the top of the page this has been covered many times on here, you will need 64-73 A body manifolds, the early ones work the best but are getting hard to come by. it is a pretty easy swap and almost bolt in.

You will still need to offset the engine to the passs side by 4 centimeters or so, this will help give you enough clearence for the steering box. when you get everything put together the offset will not be noticed except by the most critical eye. Even the factory did on some otthe muscle car era models.

Where do i find PlyDo? No home page what i can find.

Do anyone have pictures of these motor mounts?

Since it´s soon winter in Sweden i do have time with this motor wap so i dont have to wory about that. The car will be sitting in the garage from spetember to april :(

// Richard

Edited by Fagerlund

Plydo says:

318 engine...

kit #214 for 42/52 Mopar cars with original IFS and new R&P steering

Kit #214S if original IFS and original steering

340/360

kit #215 for 42/52 Mopar cars with original IFS and new R&P steering

Kit #215S if original IFS and original steering

my book is a bit old and the prices at that time was 106.00

on the next page theymention another kit for 32/52 Mopar and listed as an engine mounting kit, carries part # TB-134 for 340/360 engine and TB-127 for 273/318 but do specify your exact year and engine application when ordering that listed at 95.00

their tranny crossmember is MTC-4652 for 165.00