Bad end to a great weekend

Young Ed

they put that little capsule of lubricant in with the points because?????????????????

and here all this time you thought it was like crackerjacks and you kept gettin the same prize.

Just kidding, glad you got it rescued.

It wasnt that cam that was affected. Its part of the mounting of the points to the breaker plate.

Geez Young Ed you are a true romantic below the surface. I shed a few tears hearing your ring story. It sounded like one of those radio commercials for Jarred Diamond Stores.:rolleyes:

I guess we better be taking up a collection to get you a set of points for a wedding gift.

And I suppose in a few years we will have to start grooming Younger Ed as POC pres to keep the spirit going.

Tell Carmon hey for me. She is a sweet lady.

Go back and read my post.

Yup you would be one of the ones I mentioned as being close. And actually we did just bring a rebuilt one that we had and swap it out. I am currently running an IAT 51-54 style. Will probably just leave it that way.

Geez Young Ed you are a true romantic below the surface. I shed a few tears hearing your ring story. It sounded like one of those radio commercials for Jarred Diamond Stores.:rolleyes:

I guess we better be taking up a collection to get you a set of points for a wedding gift.

And I suppose in a few years we will have to start grooming Younger Ed as POC pres to keep the spirit going.

Tell Carmon hey for me. She is a sweet lady.

Hey you just might them things aren't cheap anymore. Points cap and rotor cost me $30 the other day. And now I'm not even running that type of dissy. I will tell Carmon you said hi.

Hey, Ed;

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. When is the date and which vehicle are you going to honeymoon in? The coupe or the WC? Or will you go modern and take the brown '51?

I'm bleeding brakes and tying up loose ends on my '45 and waiting for the plates from Madison. Oh, and some glass in the frame would be nice, too.

You two have a happy forever.

Paul H

Thanks Paul No dates yet. Grandma did tell us to get busy-her words. I think she wants great grand kids.

If its up to me(which I realize will become less and less) I'd take the 48. That gold 51 is quite worthless. The pickup would be fun but its not the best riding vehicle on long trips.