Cowl Vent Seal

A while back there was a thread regarding the cowl vent seal and the lack of proper fit. Has anyone come up with one that fits properly? I remember someone mentioning a cut to fit version too. Maybe I just need to go back and search the archives, but I'm feeling lazy tonight.

I pealed mine out today, and nearly got it in one piece. But I don't think there's enough there for a sample to make one. Maybe I'm wrong though.

P1270230.jpg

Merle

• 2 weeks later...

The seal from Mitchell Motor Parts (via ebay) arrived in the mail yesterday. This morning I gave it a quick test fit. It appears to be a good inch or so short. I didn't have a lot of time to play with it this morning. Maybe this weekend I can check it out further.

Brad, how's your's?

Merle

The seal from Mitchell Motor Parts (via ebay) arrived in the mail yesterday. This morning I gave it a quick test fit. It appears to be a good inch or so short. I didn't have a lot of time to play with it this morning. Maybe this weekend I can check it out further.

Brad, how's your's?

Merle

Merle, I just got notification that the package shipped yesterday. I'll keep you posted on the fit.

Are you going to contact Mitchell and ask for a refund or an exchange?

Over the years I've heard a lot of bad things about Mitchell Motor Parts but his ebay feedback seems to be pretty good for someone with that many sales. The feedback rating is the main reason I went ahead and purchased.

Did you receive the shutoff valve also?

Brad

Merle, I just got notification that the package shipped yesterday. I'll keep you posted on the fit.

Are you going to contact Mitchell and ask for a refund or an exchange?

Over the years I've heard a lot of bad things about Mitchell Motor Parts but his ebay feedback seems to be pretty good for someone with that many sales. The feedback rating is the main reason I went ahead and purchased.

Did you receive the shutoff valve also?

Brad

The shut off valve was in the mail box today. It looks good and I expect it to work OK. Probably won't get around to installing it for good for a while.

I'll look at the seal better tomorrow evening or Saturday when I get back to working on the truck. I don't want to bitch at them without valid info.

I'll keep you posted.

Merle

Today I had a chance to play around with the new seal that I got from Mitchell Motor Parts, through ebay. Once I got the cab back upright (it was on it's side while I did a little body work and painted the underside) I was able to work with it better. On first glance it is a good inch too short. However, the rubber is fairly soft and stretchy, and I actually found that if stretched a little it even fit into the grove better. I think that it'll work out well. A little weatherstrip adhesive should hold it in place, when the time comes for permanent installation.

Merle

• 3 weeks later...