Treasure found in my floorboard!

Flatie46

Found a 63 license plate in the bottom of the spare tire well on the 50. Must have been put there to keep critters from entering through the drain hole.

Found a butterfly knife and a "pipe" under the back seat of an retired 82 Impala police cruiser I drove for many years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a metal box ,marked key safe wedged in the chassis rail,looked inside and found 3 spare keys!!! Very happy indeed as in england it's a pain to get spares cut..also found a black/white photo of the car when it was new,sure theres more to find yet..

I have always enjoyed the treasure hunt pleasure of old cars. Just for fun, for someone in the future, in the glove boxes of my 46 PLYWOOD and 52 RED RYDER, I have created my own mini time capsules. In each box I have placed year appropriate pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters; an old pack of Juicy Fruit gum, a metal oil can spout, a wood clothes pin and a vintage water transfer decal, still in it's wax paper sheath. The 46 decal is from Wisconsin, where I lived in 46, and the 52 decal is from Arizona, where I lived in 52. Some day, some one who ends up with those vehicles will have the joy of finding that stuff and wonder about who the person was that left the time treasures.

I bought a Chevy S10 as a tranny donor for my B1B and when I ripped out the seat so I could cut out the floorboard and remove the tranny I found a German made, WWII 1939 circa bayonet!! It is really cool. Sits above my toolbox.

Now thats cool! I love WWII history the bayonet would have been the ultimate find in my book.

Back in 2002 I bought a 66 Charger and pulled the back bucket seats and found a bunch of payroll check stubs from the late 60's and the broadcast sheet.

Do you still have your Charger? I replaced my carpet in my 66 and found a card for lifetime softdrinks at a fast food place here in Maryland. I also found a baseball card (unknown player) and some real nice building blocks. That charger rear seat can hold alot of stuff. There was about 15.00 dollars in change as well. I wonder do they still give money for old quarters made before 1964? Who remembers that?:)

Do you still have your Charger? I replaced my carpet in my 66 and found a card for lifetime softdrinks at a fast food place here in Maryland. I also found a baseball card (unknown player) and some real nice building blocks. That charger rear seat can hold alot of stuff. There was about 15.00 dollars in change as well. I wonder do they still give money for old quarters made before 1964? Who remembers that?:)

Yes , the old silver coins are worth more than face value ( 1964 and earlier ) .

No, I sold the Charger back in January. My girlfriend and I run a real estate school here in Melbourne and by the end of the year the market took a nosedive.:( Bye bye Charger. So I worked on the 41 Plymouth I have and made it a driver.

When I was in highschool I worked at the local chevy dealer detailing cars.One of the first things we would do is pull the back seat bottom out to see how much change we could find in the tradeins.I never found anything out of the ordinary other than a full unopened bottle of Jack Daniels.My boss was lookin over my shoulder when I found it.He said, "Don't you be callin in sick tomorow, cause I'll know what happened".

Jeez, he tried that one on you too? I'm beginning to doubt his verity on that sleep repoing thing.

One time in a pick-a-part yard I was pulling power windows and harnesses from an 80s Volvo. Under the front carpet was a little heart shaped tin container, full of what appeared to be marijuana. I immediately packed up my tools and transported it to the nearest Sherriff's substation.

I don't recall ever getting there...

A few weeks ago about 2 AM i heard some noise , went out side and found DON COATNEY pushing my WOODIE WAGON down my drive way , his blue race car was in the street with an empty car trailer behind it .. claimed he was sleep repoing ??? I gave him a bottle of moonshine & a moonpie and sent him back to a MURFREESBORO ..

Yes , the old silver coins are worth more than face value ( 1964 and earlier ) .
Oh boy, I'm rich:) P-12 Tommy if you sold your 66 and got-rebuilt your 1941 I think you made out OK. I love 1941 Plymouths. If you remember the rear interior light plastic cover on the 66 charger. They would sometimes blow out the window if not secured. I found one in the floor behind the back seat. I am going to take good care of that for sure.

Found an old pencil with it's white paint peeling off it from the parts car yesterday.

The pencil had in red letters William Penn Oil Company, never heard of it, is this the predecessor to Penzoil....?