Price $ Advice OT

55 Fargo

Hi all, I have to sell a 1994 Ford Ranger Truck, 2WD, V6 4spd Auto,Air ,Cruise Tilt, regular cab, aluminum wheels.

The reason I pulled her off the road is the rear leaf spring shackles have rusted, something I have never seen on a Manitoba Truck, yes we have snow and salt, but usually winter is so cold, it is not a real problem like it would be in say New York State, Michigan etc.

It needs spring shackles, a new set of shocks, and could now sue ball joints, othere than that everything seems fine for a vehicle safety certificate.

I would or could sell her for around $2500.00, but am now thinking of $1200.00 as is, the truck has 120000 miles on her.

What would this vehicle be worth in your locale, is $1200 realistic to get for a truck as is..........Fred

Hi all, I have to sell a 1994 Ford Ranger Truck, 2WD, V6 4spd Auto,Air ,Cruise Tilt, regular cab, aluminum wheels.

The reason I pulled her off the road is the rear leaf spring shackles have rusted, something I have never seen on a Manitoba Truck, yes we have snow and salt, but usually winter is so cold, it is not a real problem like it would be in say New York State, Michigan etc.

It needs spring shackles, a new set of shocks, and could now sue ball joints, othere than that everything seems fine for a vehicle safety certificate.

I would or could sell her for around $2500.00, but am now thinking of $1200.00 as is, the truck has 120000 miles on her.

What would this vehicle be worth in your locale, is $1200 realistic to get for a truck as is..........Fred

From you description $1200 sounds like a good asking price or maybe $1500 you can always go down. I would think it would sell around $1000 depending on the condition of the body, interior etc.

I have learned that if it's something simple and you want to sell, it's better to fix it before you sell.

That way you don't have to say "needs work".

In Alberta, everyone asks if it will pass an insurance safety (no provincial safety inspections here) so I have found that by having the safety done and fixing all the issues makes the vehicle almost sell itself. That and being squeaky clean.

I also spend the $15 to get a CarFax.

Takes away most of the concerns buyers have these days.

You can ask top price as well.

I have learned that if it's something simple and you want to sell, it's better to fix it before you sell.

That way you don't have to say "needs work".

In Alberta, everyone asks if it will pass an insurance safety (no provincial safety inspections here) so I have found that by having the safety done and fixing all the issues makes the vehicle almost sell itself. That and being squeaky clean.

I also spend the $15 to get a CarFax.

Takes away most of the concerns buyers have these days.

You can ask top price as well.

Thanx for the advice, but

I have enough on my plate as far as manintenance of vehicle and equipment, right now.

The spring shackles are not overly expensive, but it's best to have it done in a spring shop, probably about $500 to $600 for the job.

I am trying to sell this vehicle as is, or as a complete parts truck, otherwise, I would be asking a lot more than $1200 for it..........

I think $1200 is way too low. Small trucks are in demand and yours doesn't really have all that many miles on it. I have a GMC:eek: Sonoma similar to your Ford. Extended cab, V6, 4 speed automatic, two wheel drive with 170,000 kilometres (108,000 miles). No rust. Doesn't use oil and runs great. Interior and paint good to very good but far from perfect. Needs tires, shocks, and air conditioning recharge. I wouldn't sell it for less than $4500 starting price. I have no plans to sell but sure wouldn't let it go for anywhere near what you are asking. Go on your local Kijiji, Craigslist, Truck Trader, etc. and see what is happening in the real world. Maybe I am out to lunch but I don't think so.

Sometimes the seller can be his own worst enemy. Researching prices and values is a good idea, but not all buyers do that. You can end-up underpricing the vehicle based on worrying about what the buyer 'might' know. With many people, if they see something they like, and the price seems fair to them, they'll go for it.

I sold a rust and dent free 92 Ranger XLT long wheelbase truck last year with 130,000 miles 4.6 V-6,auto overdrive,etc,etc,etc for $1200,and it took me 3 months to get that much. Started out at 1600. New alternator,new brakes,and new tires,too.

Allan, you could buy my truck with a valid safety certificate for the $2500 to $3000, maybe even $3500, but for an as is truck that needs a about $1000.00 worth of repairs, not likely.

I think once you price a vehicle well over , I may not get any interest, but hey I could be wrong.

BTW, good to see you posting again,welcome back...........Fred