If you want to join the forum...

Guest p15_d24_forum_admin

Here is what I got to work with..... I really had suspicions when this guy that I got the truck body from  was in a real hurry to get me loaded on my way  claiming that he had other places to be that night............. It is no real excuse on my part but there were 3-4 other people loading up my trailer as I was helping with the cab loading............Needless to say 

After getting the parts home dug off the trailer this is what I got.............. Still a real cool piece of history that warrants the love that I will give it ......  

I have also included a picture of the frame that will be cut down for the project................

Wheelbase measurement update....... After reinstalling my plumb-bobs, re0gathering centerlines and old dumb dumb (myself) revisiting everything I re-pulled measurements only to find that   I had one of my tapes move on me and came up with 125 1/2 inch wheelbase measurement this morning.... ... plus I was NOT considering the rubber pieces that need to go between the fender and the running board.............. Then my 1/4 of that one brain cell I got left said to me why would you even doubt the factory! Yep so its official I am going with the factory wheelbase  and will end up building a super nice mesquite wooden tool box to take up that missing piece out of the bed panel. The bed wood was already going to be mesquite wood anyway.

(If anyone was wondering the craigslist guy played dumb saying well I didn't know that)    No Matter it will be saved from the crusher to haul and drive again   Texas Red        

Dodge truck build 002.JPG

Dodge truck build 001.JPG

Yup... That certainly looks like a 3/4 ton bed side panel with the front cut off.

Since you're building on a different chassis you will likely need to modify a bed to fit anyway. If you keep your eyes open you will probably find a decent set of bed sides that will suit your purpose.

Also, You may want to start a new thread about your truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just joined the forum, I wish I had found it a long time ago. I have a 36 Dodge pickup resto-rod. It looks stock on the outside (you folks would notice a few subtle modifications) but underneath, not at all. It has an Art Morrison frame, Mopar 360, Tremec 5-speed, 9" limited slip, IFS, and disk brakes. Some details can be found here:  Street Rodder article.

IMG_20180127_152157_590-1209x1209.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I would like to join the forum. I will be the 1st to admit im not good with computers so please bare with me. Im working on a stock 41 Dodge wc9. Well it was. The amblance body has been cut and im tryn to build a truck. So i will be reading and tryn to learn as much as i can.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok I'm New to site. Tried some searches,some success. Just purchased 1947 dodge wc pickup. Was sort of restored in mid 70s. Would like to join form. I'll need a little help being I come from ford background.

On 4/12/2009 at 11:23 AM, Guest p15_d24_forum_admin said:

Please be sure to fill out the enrollment form when registering, especially if you are using a gmail or hotmail account. Each request is reviewed and if you leave a lot of info blank I will assume your are a spammer and it will be deleted. You email addresses are kept confidential. It's a good idea to put some info in about your project and why you want to join. About a third of the requests I'm seeing are from spammers. You can help keep the site spam free.

• 1 month later...

Of course. Post away....its a truck, its a Dodge..Hemi's welcome.

You'll find its the primary place to post for anything truck related.

Welcome.

48D

On 12/17/2018 at 4:20 PM, The_FIRE_Truck said:

Hello fellas. I had made a post over in the dpetca portion of the site about a fire truck I recently purchased. I was curious if it would be an issue posting about the truck here even though it has a hemi in her. Not a flathead

I'll move the thread here...

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody

just signed up some weeks ago. But in the pilothouse. So I guess I am right now in the truck forum.

To present my "permanent" project. Bought it in 2017 in a restored status, but 10 years without moving. Which caused me huge troubles with anything touching liquids. Carburetor, brakes, any seals. In my very first trip I tried to brake going 8% downhill and there was no resistance on the brake pedal☹️. Had some luck and could brake the 2,5 tons with the handbrake. Later I saw that all 4 calipers were leaking.

Today, after fixing all troubles with brakes, making inventions to get the new waterpump tight etc, it runs quit well and I am participating here in the local events with WW2 american army vehicles. Some Photos:

InkedIMG_0857_LIv.jpg

IMG_0860.JPG

DSCF4153.JPG

• Like 2

Your carb. setup looks strange, but it also looks like a duel fuel type- gasoline/natural gas or propane type??

Good to see it running and driving even equipped with a tow rope and carrying its camouflage netting! ?

DJ

Its a pure petrol engine with Zenith Carb. Chrysler Flat 6 T214 with 230 cinch.

The ropes and camouflage as well as all the other stuff such as tent, coleman articles etc.. is very util for camping and BBQ.

The Car is perfect for such events? AWD and enough space

Edited by Spencer1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Spencer1 said:

Its a pure petrol engine with Zenith Carb. Chrysler Flat 6 T214 with 230 cinch.

The ropes and camouflage as well as all the other stuff such as tent, coleman articles etc.. is very util for camping and BBQ.

The Car is perfect for such events? AWD and enough space

das ist großartig! Dein LKW ist wunderschön!

Thanks! I continue in English. (Althought your German is perfect!)

I like him too. I was driving for 15 years Landrover defender, fixing everything by myself. But at least I wanted something more simple and authentic. And the originals for all Jeeps are the Willys and the Dodge WC.

But to drive it, this is hard work. If you are not used to drive this monster you are really done after some hours. It takes a lot of concentration to stay on your lane, its really noisy and slow. The gear, or better crash box, makes your live difficult in modern traffic.

Also the maitenance and fixing of damages is totally different to todays, or even earlier, cars of the 60s. Nothing works in a first attempt. This technology seems simple, but to get a waterpump tight, for example, is much more difficult than in a normal car. Whatever the engineers in the 40ties designed, its sometimes not plug and play like today.

The Eigenfrequency of the ladder frame is at around 40 mph. If the wheels are not perfectly aligned, the whole front part of the car starts to vibrate around the longitudinal axis. Driving faster is dangerous because the frame is getting into resonance. And so on and so on.

Well, thats what I wanted. Some technical problems to keep my brain working.

My latest problem is that the engine is waisting 1 Liter of engine oil every 300 kms. Thats too much. I am using 20W50 mineral oil with low additive content. A friend of mine tells me I should change to the initial SAE 30 oil, as stated in the manual. But would this be the reason of the oil consumption? Anybody having experienced a difference in oil consumption between 20W50 or SAE 30?

Thanks in advance and best regards

on oil consumption, do ensure that the vented opening of the oil fill cap is toward the firewall to prevent too much positive crankcase pressure when rolling, second is to ensure the draft tube on the engine scavenging is set at the right angle so to alleviate the pressures with the designed venturi effect of the special cut tube.  ELSE you just may be suffering from blow by due to worn rings, or broken ring/piston land, do a compression test to rule this out. 

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone ,

I'd like to join this forum. I just bought a 1946 Dodge WD21 1-ton truck. The truck is a 3 speed, 2x4, mopar flathead six. The prior owner did a cab off restoration and kept it immaculate. I can't wait to tinker and cruise around in the summer and fall. The truck was found and bought from Chincoteague, VA and will be move home to Indianapolis, IN in October (2019).

James

20170615_173037.jpg

Edited by Chesty
Typed wrong year for truck. It is a 1946
  • Like 2

Looks like a real beauty!

You'll have a ton of fun with that show stopper:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, just joined.

i bought a 1949 fargo,been sitting 

for a very long time,plate on truck is from late 60’s. 

Solid,but seized. 

Looking forward to learning more about my truck from you all on the forum. 

Frank

3D02EE74-875E-4001-8B64-7C5BE4450A4C.png