Build Thread : Volare front end Experiment...

Thanks guys. This is the build that became my Bonneville truck "The Brick".

50 Dodge Frame

85 Diplomat K member

97 Thunderbird IRS

92 Dodge Dakota brake system (booster, port valves, etc)

408 stroker

904 trans

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=15472

Pictures of the IRS I put in. If you look at the first pic, you'll see in the back ground a second frame I built for Bryan's late Hemi 48 truck.

48D

post-580-13585364552317_thumb.jpg

post-580-1358536455289_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585364553803_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585364554648_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585364555003_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread. Its a thread about a build and not so much a question.

Its from about 7 1/2 years ago.

Yet the 1st first post I made is listed as a question, and because the first post is long, going to the next page makes it seem like you didn't even go to the next page.

Why? Because the new format duplicates the first post, (whether it was a question or not) as the original "question".

I understand the idea (multiple pages might "hide" the original question), to help keep the "answers" on topic.

But this particular post isn't an answer, its a reply, or entry really.....yet its written in a box labeled "answer this question".

Personally, I'd like to see the "Question" panel go away.....and the box on the bottom labeled "reply" or "comment" 

Just trying to help with new site, and share this thread with some new members who didn't know it existed

I still use the jig, and I still have and race the truck it was put in. ^_^

48D    

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 1

I'm finding the site not very user friendly now myself, and I understand the reason for some of the changes, but in all honesty it worked better before, and I could find what I was after easier.  Don't get me wrong...love this site, and visit it many times a day, but maybe it's just my iPad view...but sometimes I don't even know what's new and what isn't....think I fixed some of that with the sort spot..

• 3 weeks later...

Okay.....technically this is my build thread on my race truck I call "THE BRICK".

I've been AWOL from posting threads for awhile, but its because this last year has been amazing AND busy.

The Brick has been somewhat retired from hard racing at Bonneville....its been a good run, but he was upgraded to

a Wedding truck, and boy did he preform. I had to tear 'em down to shake the salt damage off his rotors and hinges first.

Then I had to rewire the firewall to improve the ignition. I detuned the engine by switching to a 2bbl carb and removing the 850 dbl pumper.

I couldn't help but feel I was neutering the poor guy. lol

Next I removed the Lexan glass, 5pt race seat, and the in-cab racing "stuff".........*sigh*

Then went in the foo-foo "his and hers" racing seats......actually they look cool.

Seat belts, vintage wheels, hubcaps, tires and then a tear down again for paint.

To paint it, I made a few stands to hold the doghouse, bed and hood.

By the morning of the wedding, no joke, the morning of the wedding, I got it put together and running. More on that later.

The pictures that follow are mostly in order, but you'll get the idea.

And Oh.....I started all of this, 30 days before the wedding.

48D

thebrick01.jpg

The teardown begins, along with taking notes (Justin on the ground, Zac my son)

thebrick02.jpg

The his and her "race" seats.

thebrick03.jpg

Getting the side mirror fitted.

Edited by 48dodger

thebrick07.jpeg

Gotta stop goofing off.....(the Thor pose)

thebrick08.jpg

Going over the "windshield removal" instructions for the parts truck in back.

thebrick09.jpg

Getting that good glass out of an old truck!

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 2

thebrick010.jpg

Jim Shepard helping with the install of the windshield. The roll bar had to be cut to let it in.

Welding the bar back together was a real treat....lol.

thebrick011.jpg

Fitting the new seat....the full on race seat just knows it ain't long for this truck...:( 

Edited by 48dodger

thebrick026.jpg

thebrick027.jpg

Its when you start to panic that your friends come to the rescue. John Tishler, Jim Shepard, my son Zac and my daughter's boyfriend Andrew really helped bring it all together in the end.
I mean...this picture was taken June 10th 2016....my wedding date was June 11....:D 

And it was just about midnight.......

It wouldn't start for us that night...I had to wait til the morning to go back out to the shop and pray for a miracle....

The Brick didn't let me down and roared the 500 horses real loud as my wife clapped, knowing we would ride

together as planned....whew. 

Edited by 48dodger

thebrick034.jpg

We caravaned from the old church to my house....all good friends. The guys each took one from
the wedding party and brought them to the reception...it was an awesome day. By the time this
photo was taken, some had snuck out of their tuxes and the sort, but it didn't matter, I love
this picture. I'll mark the people later I guess, just know they really made the day.

thebrick035.jpg

Tim aka 48Dodger

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 2

• 48Dodger changed the title to Build Thread : Volare front end Experiment...