Build Thread : Volare front end Experiment...

thebrick036.jpg

The Brick (B2B) and Jim Shepard's truck (B2B).....in the background, Gary Martin's panel truck (B1B)  June 11, 2016 

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 5

• 48Dodger changed the title to Build Thread : Volare front end Experiment...
  • 1 month later...

Though "The Brick" was updated with seats and glass.....on a whole, its still a race vehicle....a race truck without a distinction of a race class.

In the spirit of evolution, its time to keep the ball rolling and roll with some changes.

The updates will include turn signals, working headlights and (oh geez) brake lights.

I worked on the dash, cutting a bit of steel to make room for the switch panel.

Its a step towards domestication, and move away from a life of speed.

Not sure how I feel about it...just life I guess.     

thumbnail (44).jpeg

• Like 1

?Lol...thanks Jeff. 

I like the switches I got from this guy on epay.... So I think I'll try and get the matching guages etc...

I'll be changing to a lowside bed and use the high side for a trailer. I have 3 sets of lowside bed parts in various conditions...so it'll remain to be seen how much body work there is. Either way, it's gonna be factory black.

48D

Edited by 48Dodger

On 4/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, 48Dodger said:

Either way, it's gonna be factory black.

I do get tired of the questions from people of why the bed is black and when am I gonna paint it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yah....the black bed question is common, but others do get tired of me asking "Why a Ford???".....lol.

I lost my 2006 Dodge to hard driving and a blown motor in 2014...just good living I guess. 

I've decided to explore the idea of an over head, radio head.

Mark and I were digging around the wrecking yard at American Canyon, Ca. in the Bay Area. There I discovered a C series truck with said overhead entertainment.  

I'd like to do a similar deal with a lil less 70's influence using my 06 radio.

I'll give it go and see what happens.

48D

thumbnail (47).jpeg

thumbnail (48).jpeg

thumbnail (46).jpeg

thumbnail (45).jpeg

Edited by 48Dodger

On 4/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, John-T-53 said:

Daily driver status....I like the sound of that...talk about domestication and what-have-ya....Drive the Brick out to Cupertino for MOPAR ALLEY in June. 

Don't be surprised if he shows up with one of those tea cup size dogs .......in a shoulder bag!!!!!! After all that is a very slippery slope he is on. ?

33 minutes ago, Jeff Balazs said:

Don't be surprised if he shows up with one of those tea cup size dogs .......in a shoulder bag!!!!!! A

John-T-53 has Paris Hilton as a ride a-long date, she's bringing her big shoulder bag.

I recently read that in National Enquirer or did I see it on twitter??

They could all hang out together!  ?

DJ

I have guard dogs I have to keep under lock and key and I have lovable dogs too. I don't judge...I love them all.

As for a super small dog, I have them too. Peeka is a Rat Terrier who pulls her weight by ridding the ranch of rodents of all

shapes and sizes. She rides in my cattle truck and The Brick.....she is an awesome dog.    

thumbnail (66).jpeg

thumbnail (65).jpeg

thumbnail (64).jpeg

thumbnail (63).jpeg

thumbnail (62).jpeg