Split manifold carbs

wpholland2

I am trying to locate some parts so I can get my 49 on the road in the spring. I saw a split manifold setup with duel carbs a long time ago and wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get my hands on a set? I am looking for the exhaust manifold as well. It looks like the head is 23 inches long so help with the engine size would be great. I would hate to order wrong parts.

Thanks,

Payton

You may want to jump over to the car side for this. Lots of guys running duals over there. Some have Fenton or Edmunds or Offy manifolds or there is a guy named George Ashe that welds them up out of stock parts. I've got a vintage fenton awaiting my next pickup project.......

Reg those look quite nice. I may have to buy a set when I get around to building that next engine. Now here's my question-my intake is setup to bolt to the factory exhaust with the heat riser. What do I put there? Will it run with no heat from the exhaust?

Can't answer that Ed. Here in Ca. it would probably be fine without the heat. Where you are might be a different story. Maybe one of these water heated ones would work better for you.

PS...got the "good book" yesterday. THANKS !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/olddodges1/MVC-007S.jpg

i took mine completely out on all 3 cars. and split the exhaust into 2 parts.

with aluminum blockoff plate on offy intke . looks nice. email for pics.

the offy intake is 245.00 frOm SUMMIT RACING.COM inc linkage.

arguments are that the offy manifold doesnt add much more flow than stock..as corners are square, but the dual carters really give it some tork..!

at all speeds. good enough for me.

bill

I thought I had a picture of someone elses solution and I found it on my home PC. Not sure who did this but it looks like it would work and be fairly easy to duplicate. I imagine there is just a U or loop of copper inside the intake. I'm pretty sure thats the same Fenton manifold I have.

untitled.jpg