Fresh air heater knobs wanted.

Anybody here have the knobs that control the optional fresh air heater.

I have 2 but I am in need of the one that operates the fresh air flapper valve. I think it would say AIR.

MVC-010F-2.jpg

WOW, Interesting jack stands. You wouldn't get my anywhere near the underside of that truck.

And those cables probably came with an aftermarket heater.

Merle

Those rims used for jack stands if welded properly are safe. All the big commercial auto recycling yards around here- Seattle Tacoma area, use them for all the cars to be parted out if set out in a yard for dismantling.

Bob

They were certainly welded Merle and quite stable. I've taken parts off other cars at that yard and they don't wiggle one bit. If I recall correctly that truck had a round piece through the firewall that kinda looked like a coffee can. It had a flap in it to allow fresh air into the heater box. I was going to grab the whole heater but I had to go and someone beat me to it when I came back the next day. I did get these knobs and cables and the hood prop rods.

If I recall correctly that truck had a round piece through the firewall that kinda looked like a coffee can. It had a flap in it to allow fresh air into the heater box. I was going to grab the whole heater but I had to go and someone beat me to it when I came back the next day. I did get these knobs and cables and the hood prop rods.

Like this Ed ?

Notice how the straight cable is attached to the flapper lever like a manual choke cable.

MVC-014F-1.jpg

Reg,

The complete fresh air system had four knobs - heater (sw), defroster, temperature (water valve) and air for the flapper door in the long duct from the radiator support. Number one son in Montana has several in various stages of incompleteness. Sure would be nice to have the whole panel filled and bolted under our dashes, what?

How did you ever get your knob centers to look so good? The ones you pictured look NOS. My own are buffed brass at the moment, until I figure out how to get that nice white lettering to stand out like yours does.

Very nice. Good luck finding the Air knob and cable. I have the heat and defroster knobs and controls for mine. I also have an extra defroster duct adapter for MoPar heaters that has the cable-controlled flap and the Y for the defroster duct tubing.

Dave,

I got the 2 knobs on eBay. Don't be scared.;)

Here are a couple of examples in Bunns B series book.

One setup has only 2 knobs and the other (route van)has 3 knobs with a different looking AIR knob. The 4th hole is plugged.

Then I saw this part on eBay last week but passed it up because of the price. It's only a 3 holer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-1940-41-42-46-Plymouth-Dodge-Heater-Truck-Mopar-rod_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a3Q7c65Q3a13Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem220371320533QQitemZ220371320533QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

MVC-015F-1.jpg

Rout Van Dash

MVC-016F-1.jpg

Anybody here have the knobs that control the optional fresh air heater.

I have 2 but I am in need of the one that operates the fresh air flapper valve. I think it would say AIR.

MVC-010F-2.jpg

Reg..

I found one! But.... It's already on my truck.. I'll keep lookin to see if I have any extras. At least now you have a picture of a real one to look at!

Bob

• 1 month later...

I did look and I don't have a spare air knob Reg,

Give Neil Riddle a call- he might possibly have one.

Bob

Reg,

Going to Montana the 30th. Will check and see - let'cha know.

Surely in all that beautiful inventory you have one lousy spare TEMP knob/cable?

Welllllll then, hows about a working distributor with an operational vacuum advance? I'm gettin' desperate here. Just about all finished except for this one niggling detail. Nasty, what!

• 8 years later...

I took off the cable for air on my p15.  I got it to work on the bench but put it back on the car and it is very stiff.  The cable at the flap makes a severe bend to hook on the arm.  I think that's why it won't slide.  can't find a new cable through my regular sources.

11 hours ago, jgreg53 said:

I took off the cable for air on my p15.  I got it to work on the bench but put it back on the car and it is very stiff.  The cable at the flap makes a severe bend to hook on the arm.  I think that's why it won't slide.  can't find a new cable through my regular sources.

PM sent