!953/54 Dodge Fargo in OZ

mungungo

Hi Everyone,

I have joined to help my non computer literate friend with restoring his Dodge Fargo. It was sold in Australia as the C Series, but thinks it's equivelent to the B Series in America. It has a one piece windscreen, but other than that appears to be the same. The Model Number is 108CF109.

His father bought it new in 1954/55. Mechanically it goes well and is registered. The main parts he is looking for are rubbers and I already have learnt about Roberts, Steeles, Andy Bernbaum. Do these places send parts overseas or does anyone know of anywhere in Australia that sells these parts.

Thanks

Hi mungungo good to see another aussie on the site.

The truck would not really be known as a C sereis. More as just a 108.

108 C`s and 108 D`s were made between August 1955 and July 58. I have never been able to find out the difference between them.

109 on the body tag indicates it is the 109th of what you have. Is it a standard ute , Deluxe ute van or tray top.

F indicates it is a Fargo and not a D for Dodge or S for Desoto.

I don`t know of anyone in Australia that do the rubders but then I have never really looked as when it becomes time to do mine I will be going to Steeles (they do send to Australia). More expensive, but their quality seems to be better than the others.

For some more info follow the link to the DPETCA site that has a page on Australian trucks

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/garage/garage.htm

Where are you located?

Any chance of some pics being posted?

On the firewall there should be two other tags. One will be the BALM paint code tag. The other 55##-#### is a body tag. Is it possible to get these along with the engine number so I can put them in my files.