convertible boot cover...p15

claybill

Bill.....I had this one made by a local upholstry shop. I had an old boot--don't know for sure if it really went to this car....that he sort of used as a sample. The one thing he could have done better was make the part along the sides inside the car stiffer. He put some material behind it, but it still kind of buckles. May go back to him to see if he can stiffen up those sides a bit more. Cost was $250.

Had him use velcro strip to attach boot to the rear edge of the seat. Others have used snaps along the top edge. There is a piece of plywood which forms the back of the seatback. I had him put an edge along front of the boot at a 90 degree angle, which goes down behind the seatback...to which to attach the velcro. Hope this helps.

I don't know how the back of your seat is, but mine is original and you can see it is a "V" sort of thing in the middle. Therefore, front edge of my boot had to be "v'd" to match that contour. If your seat has been reupholstered, it may not have that feature. Just need to look to see.

post-10-1358534481845_thumb.jpg

post-10-13585344819223_thumb.jpg

• Like 1