Occupation's OT

aero3113

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hangar floor is Acrylicon, a new product that I think was developed in Sweden. The aircraft were able to be parked 24 hours after it was put down. Very strong stuff and will not stain or crack. No polishing needed (maybe years down the road) just a wash once in a while the guy uses one of those small zambonies.

Nothing as exciting as some of the other jobs. Been driving semi's for about 30 years with a 4 year break to sell Mac Tools. That was fun, other than trying to collect money. I still have a few K's out there. Collection agency has been obtained. That's one of the reason's I got out.

Owned woodworking shop 1973-2009.It is really good to have a place to keep the B2C and P15 inside.I have worked on a lot of cars outside in all kinds of weather before I got a shop to work in. Woodworking can get in the way of what you really want to do at times.(Working on old cars.)

Im a retired Excavating contractor. I quit a few years earlier than I should have,because of paying more attention to my old cars than work. My wife said

" Why dont you just give up? You know your not interested in it anymore. At least we wont have Bus, Insurance,License, and and upkeep to pay for." She was right----so I quit. Kinda miss the Cats and Dumptrucks tho. A relative bought a Cat for his property --so I get to run one once in a while. Frank M.

Guest P15-D24

My 10 reps sell GoToMyPC, GoToMeeting and GoToAssist to small to medium sized companies. Been in tech sales since 1980. Needless to say things have changed a little bit in my marketplace over the years ;)

My day job is being a staff person in a State Farm Insurance agency.

Been there over 20 years. Am now old enough to retire officially....

of course the boss says I've really been 'retired' for several years

already. :D

My part time job is the fun one......playing music. Have done that for

over 30 years. The guy I "work" with now is 72 years old, has been in

the business for more than 50 years. I guess some of us are just "old kids".

(That's me on the left with the green guitar (bass).

100_8321.jpg

At the time of the above photo, we were playing for a 50s dance

attended by a bunch of other "old kids".

100_8328.jpg

Retired in Aug 2005 after 21 years working for Xerox. Before that, I worked 20 years in a carbide tool plant (mostly running the heat treat furnaces). They closed down the local plant and put 50+ people out of work. Overlapping both of those jobs (1982-1999), I was a reserve deputy (Sgt) working with the road patrol.

Hi Dennis,Nice cars.Also I like your toy box.Did you build the shop yourself?

Retired in August 08. Prior to that I was a ne'er-do-well, a scofflaw, and oh yeah 20 years with the State of California, supervising a small department whose function would take too much time to describe:D

Come to think of it, I'm still a ne'er-do-well and a scofflaw.

Well I Had a auto body and restoration shop for 15 yrs then drove trucks for 5 yrs and the last 8 yrs as a heavy equipment mechanic (hence the handle dezeldoc) and the last 14 months looking for work after getting laid off when they got rid of second shift. but I have got a lot of work done around the house and on the cars. still doing work from home till something comes along, trying to get a shop again with my 2 oldest boys.

I teach both Multimedia Occupations and Economics & Finance to high school students. I took my Econ/Finance class to the Federal Reserve Bank in San Francisco. We got to see the $40 million dollar pile of cash they were about to shred. Needless to say, I wept :(

David;

When your tour went to the cash department in the basement of the SF FRB You saw the machines I work on.

maia.display_custom_items.DOWNLOAD_IMAGE_BLOB-p_ID=54739.jpg

Hi Dennis,Nice cars.Also I like your toy box.Did you build the shop yourself?

Ralph D25cpe When I said that I was going to retire my wife had it built for me. Now when she want's me out of the house, she'll stand at the back door with my coffee cup and says "Have a nice day at work, I'll call when lunch is ready".:D:eek:

Dennis;)

IMG_0287.jpg[/img]