Occupation's OT

aero3113

Just curious to see what everyone on this site does for their profession (Hopefully everyone is still employed). I manage 2 corporate jets for a company on long island, I am responsible for everything completed on the aircraft from maintenance, paperwork and airworthy releases. It is a big responsibility but I love to get up and go to work . Here are my two babies :D. How would you guys like to have that hangar for a garage!!!

Gulfstream GIV

DSCN2603.jpg

Challenger 601-3A

DSCN2605.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the hangar pictures. Sure would be nice to fill it up with old cars! I am a retired teacher (31 years teaching junior high). Now buy old cars and part them out and sell photographs through a couple of art galleries and have a website also. http://www.prairieironphotography.com/ I enjoy my grandson and have another grandchild due any day. My daughter and her husband chose not to know gender this time around. Just want he/she to arrive safely!

After spending 10 years running juvenile detention facilities, I became burnt out and switched careers about 8 years ago.......I still can't believe that I left the safety of prison to become a public high school special education teacher and a football coach :eek:

After spending 10 years running juvenile detention facilities, I became burnt out and switched careers about 8 years ago.......I still can't believe that I left the safety of prison to become a public high school special education teacher and a football coach :eek:

Brother I have the utmost repect for you, working with Young offenders, troubled teens are unbelievably tough to work with. That is a very high stress burn-out career.

I at one point worked in a secure custody group home center, I only stayed 1 year, then went back to Adult Corrections, working in a prison is sometimes a lot easier that working with juvies.

I now work in a Minimum Security Prison Farm, it is a cake walk compared to kids or a Medium/Maximum security jail like the Main Prison next door to my workplace, I also worked medium and Maximum security during my career.............Fred

I'm a technician in a calibration lab at a nuclear power plant. We calibrate torque wrenches, micrometers, pressure gauges, electronic test equipment, etc., etc. It's been a great job, but I'm hoping to retire in about a year or so. Then I'll have more time to spend on my P15 project:D

I'm the Manpower Coordinator for a medium size shipyard on San Francisco Bay that does the maintenance and upgrades on most of the ferries, tugboats and barges in the Bay Area. We have a drydock that can lift up to a 378 ft Coast Guard cutter, and a Syncrolift that can lift pretty much anything up to an Army LCU. We typically have 5 or more vessels out of the water working on them at any one time. I schedule over 200 people daily, including painters, welders, electricians and machinists.

Marty, honking my own horn ...........

I too fix airplanes. For the province of Saskatchewan on our water bomber aircraft.

4 Convair 580s, 4 Turbo Commanders, 4 Beech Baron 55s and 6 CL 215 waterbombers. Been there over 18 years now.

Marine Machinist-Remove-install-test various equipment on US navel vessels. Loved my job and got to go out on surface crafts for testing purposes and submarines for dive test. Needless to say all my submarine test were successful. And yes submarines do compress at deep depths. Made excellent pay for sea trials and enjoyed the thrill of being able to operate machinery on various naval ships. Jon