Anyone near Evadale TX?

Allan Faust

I figured it might be far..... looks like I may be going down to visit a mill there for a week.... don't know what kind of hours I'll have, but if there is someone in the area......

Norm, would've been fun bein able to meet ya... that's fer sure..... 850 miles... yep, its big (didn't they say that things are big in texas???)

Allan

Allan

Here in Texas "close" is a relative term.

(East to West) from Texarkana to El Paso is 815 miles and (North to South) Dalhart to Brownsville is 895 miles.

For a little perspective from Dallas to Chicago is 969 miles, to Atlanta is 776 miles, and Soiux Falls, SD is 842 miles.

Corpus Christi on the gulf of Mexico to Omaha, 24 years old in under 24 hours...same trip now 2 days with a layover in OK City! About 1,100 miles give or take, not braggin' mind you just reliving. Of course it was like sitting on the couch the whole trip, we were cruising in our 69 New Yorker, it got a whopping 16 mpg no matter how you drove it or loaded it for that matter.:eek:

I've got the washtub ready....in another couple of years (when my son starts college) it'll probably be au revoir Garden State. Too expensive to live here.

At that point I'll have my own downsizing dilemma because the next house won't be able to handle all three Plymouths, so one or two will have to go. My wife has even uttered the evil words 'active adult community'. Those places are the absolute worst for car-loving people....lots of nasty by-laws that they love to enforce.

At that point I'll have my own downsizing dilemma because the next house won't be able to handle all three Plymouths, so one or two will have to go. My wife has even uttered the evil words 'active adult community'. Those places are the absolute worst for car-loving people....lots of nasty by-laws that they love to enforce.

You down size the house - not the garage. I know a guy from down here that said he was moving to a "Car Guy Development." It was in the Lenoir, NC area up in the Blue Ridge Mtns. Everyone was into old cars according to him. I don't think they had a common garage clubhouse or anything like that, but it sure sounds like the place to be. Home owners Associations are as bad as the bylaws allow. If there's a rule some old goat will be trying to enforce it. I have stayed clear of them for that reason. I abide by the local county ordinances and life is good.

Oops - what's this got to do with TX. Sorry.

Lee

Yep, I'll be racking up the miles... see the post I left in the meeting others on the board....

As for the gentleman's farm.... if I was single, not a problem, married, forget about it..... not even slightly interested..... home owner's association, well, I bought a home down here halfway between Ottawa and Montreal, and I"m happy with it..... spotted a 67 mustang that seems to be left to itself in a field.... gotta find out if its up fer grabs or not (same year I was born...) and both me and the wife are happy when we're together, and when I'm travelling she gets a bit of piece and quiet, and I get to have fun travelling.... so I'm not worried in the least about that part......

Allan