Help getting help...

Don Jordan

I know there is a way to do it - I don't know how.

I think it's true that all the threads are archived so if I've seen something (how to fix a temp gauge) how do I go find it?

a little off topic - I was looking for something else and I found an old temp gauge I didn't know I had. I keep buying things I already have. Problem is the gauge I have doesn't have the big bulbous copper fitting that goes into the block. I have the cable on the broken gauge in my car but don't know how to - or even if it can be done, change the cable out of one gauge and put it in another.

thanks guys.

way OT - the weather here was beautiful today - went for a drive. Drove from point A to point B and back just because I could. :D

Dennis - that is the article I was referring to.

The question is HOW DID YOU FIND IT?

I also tried to access the Skinned Knuckles magazine but it wouldn't go through.

I saw a new temp gauge on the bay for $124 - I actually have 3 gauges at home - only one wire. I read the article carefully but I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to try it.

Thank you for the info - that was your 900th post - do you get a pin? This is my 40th year with the Vintage Chevrolet Club - I got a badge. :D

Dennis - that is the article I was referring to.

The question is HOW DID YOU FIND IT?

...<snip>...

Not sure how he found it. But I find it pretty easy because I wrote it and it is posted on my site. :)

Don't worry about not being able to find specific information on via the search functions, it can be hard to do and many threads go "off topic" anyway so you can't tell from the thread title either. I don't think people on this forum mind answering the same question over again.