Interiors

Looks like the Q-Ride panels have a smooth finish to them, like vinyl - at least from your pics - is that the case? Did they come with the edging?

I installed their ABS firewall pad in my truck, and it has a coarse grain vinyl-like surface.

The other panels do have a grain texture, similar to the firewall pad, on one side and are smooth on the back side. The edging is sewn around the edges that show. They come ready to install if you want to keep them black.

Merle

I don't have any experience with the Roberts panels, but what I've seen confirms what I've heard. They look good when installed but will warp and sag fairly quickly when it gets humid. They are more like the originals, a cardboard type material.

Merle

I noticed that too. Just the nature of cardboard. It mostly effects the door panels. Moisture is not usually too big a deal here on the West Coast, but the best thing to do is to install when the humidity is high. That way on rainy days it's as tight as you installed it and on normal days it's tighter than tight. I kept the cardboard in the truck for consecutive days before installing it. I had no trouble at all except on Roberts firewall hole locations were not a one size fits all deal. Before I was done it took three times to get it right before additional holes and modification to the starter pedal hole was corrected. It turned out just o.k.

Hank :)

• 2 weeks later...

I originally used the Roberts stuff when I did my B2B about 10 years ago. Within a year or so I was very dissatisfied with the interior sagging. I took the truck to a professional auto interior shop to have it redone. They put in another Roberts interior and although after several years the door panels are still OK, the roof panel sagged almost immediately. Worse than that the shop lost one of my original visors and one of my door arm rest. They replaced the arm rest with a Roberts which in my opinion is not even close to the original. I'm still looking for a fix for the roof headliner.

• 3 years later...

Posting to this thread to bring it back up.  When the site died awhile ago, Merle's link to it died also.  I have been trying to find it and just stumbled across it tonight.

It has a ton of great information.  Kaitlyn's birthday is coming up and I think she is going to be looking for truck parts from the grandparents. :)

Edited by Dajudge
  • Like 1

Posting to this thread to bring it back up.  When the site died awhile ago, Merle's link to it died also.  I have been trying to find it and just stumbled across it tonight.

It has a ton of great information.  Kaitlyn's birthday is coming up and I think she is going to be looking for truck parts from the grandparents. :)

Yes, this is a great thread of info for interiors.  I used most of the info I needed from Merle from this thread to install my interior and it came out great.

• 1 year later...

My quiet ride interior kit looks just as good as the day it I installed it.  I painted it brown which was the original color of the interior so it matches he seat.  

Edited by jpwuertz
  • Like 2

My only comment is regarding using the foil-backed jute under the floor mat. It absorbs water (when water gets in the cab) and its durability is marginal. I eventually will replace with a non-absorbent product. Have to do some research.

The plastic firewall pad I got from them is excellent, however. It sure cleans up nice.

• Like 1

If you guys want decent, not extremely expensive and easy to apply sound deadening, consider Rammat BXT, i used it in my Porsche 944 to tighten up the stereo and it worked great for quieting down the interior as well. Check it out. I will use it in my 50 truck as well. 

http://www.raamaudio.com/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had read this thread again when I ordered my headliner, I know some have had good experience, but mine from PH interiors was sub par at best and extremely expensive.....not worth it at all when I compared it to the Roberts one at a show in Devils Lake ND. I built my own side panels, as I wanted to cover up the access panel , and kick panel metal. I think the Roberts door panels are missing the window hump as well.

post-3231-0-40611000-1456411595_thumb.jpeg

post-3231-0-05597800-1456411620_thumb.jpeg