48 B1B U Joints

Guest rapidfire7

Guest rapidfire7

I'm sure that this has been answered before, but I cannot seem to find what I am looking for: Either a NAPA or Spicer # for the U joints on the drive shaft of a 48 B1B-108? Actually a Dodge number might help also if they can cross reference it. I tried looking in the master parts directory but the numbers are insanely confusing and there are about a billion of them! :eek: Thanks for the help. Shawn Barrows

Guest rapidfire7

Thanks WingNut, The guys in Michigan must have different catalogs than in SD. Their NAPA book only went back to 1960 for U Joints and the Spicer catalog lists only 1 tons and PW,s for 48. There is however numbers for B2C and B2D for 1950. Do you know if they are the same as in 48?

Ok....I checked with my NAPA guy here in Michigan about the u-joints. Their books only go back to 1950 for the B-1-B & B-1-C trucks so if they will work for the 48's then the number they gave me was 210-1200 and run about $13 each. For the 48 1 tons the books go back to 1948 and the part number is 210-1300 and run about........(gulp) $51! So i'm guessing that the 210-1200 number would work on the 48's. Hope this helps!

48WN

Guest rapidfire7

Hey Mike, Good call! After scraping off the crud, I found that it is stamped "CLEVL" but the number on it is unreadable. I will supply the parts guy with the info and maybe that will help.