what engines fit...

Guest anthony83

I've got a 'baby hemi' (241) that I've measured for my B2B. It is important to me to not move the radiator because I don't what to mess with the attachment points for the hood and fenders, etc. With that in mind, it'll fit except for some slight cutting for the valve covers to clear the firewall. The 241 block is actually shorter than the flatty. The problem is the heads/valve covers...

I don't know the dimensions of your hemi but here's a few pics of the poly 318 I put in my 52 B3FA. Sorry, I don't remember the length of this engine. As you can see, there's plenty of room behind the radiator but I couldn't move it forward because the starter hits on the steering gearbox. I also had to fab the 'semi-header' since the original center dump manifold would have gone right into the top of the steering box.

I had to cut the firewall and move the whole thing back about 3" and the section near the distributor another 2" or so. This necessitated moving the brake master cylinder and reworking the clutch pedal. I used the hydraulic clutch from the donor engine/tranny combo and mounted a hanging pedal assembly from a Jeep P/U.

May not be too pretty but it seems to work.:D

post-24-13585344812544_thumb.jpg

post-24-13585344813206_thumb.jpg

post-24-13585344813479_thumb.jpg