Gas gauge 12v conversion

MBF

A couple of years ago I converted my '36 Plymouth to 12 volts. The only thing left to do is to convert the gas gauge. I accidentily smoked it when I turned the key on after doing the conversion. Does anyone know of a source to have this repaired and coverted to 12V? The car has the sealed beam conversions in it which I've never been crazy about-is there a 12v bulb that will allow me to use the original reflectors and lenses? Thanks-Mike

Do you have the original reflector & lenses? There are 12V halogen bulbs on the market that fit in the original sockets. I bought some from Vintage Auto a number of years ago. (WWW.vapinc.com) You will loose the better visability the sealed beam gives when you go back to original style headlights even with halogen bulbs.

Bob