Happy Veterans Day OT

Don Coatney

My thanks to those who served our country.

I was not sent to active duty because of a knee problem, but

was classified 1-Y, which would have allowed them to call me

up for a desk job in the event they took enough able bodied men

from those administrative positions for active duty.

That didn't happen, so did not serve.

My brother in law is a retired Navy man.

We have spent this week in Branson with my Sis and

bro in law. With Wed being Veterans Day, they did

several things to honor Vets in Branson.....including a

parade, & free admission for as many as the Welk Theater

would hold for a program by Tony Orlando, and a talk by

Oliver North. Applebees restaurant served free meals to

veterans all afternoon and evening.

I heard several people tell my bro in law "Thanks."

• 11 months later...

Tomorrow (November 11th) is Veterans day.

For those who dont know, Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar restaurants (and possibly others) are honoring Veterans Day this year by giving out free meals to all veterans and active-duty service personnel this Veterans Day. Take your DD214 with you and have a free meal.

SP4 Don Coatney
US51874314
Vietnam Veteran 1966-67

As a reminder to all Vietnam Veterans if you have not done so locate a Veterans Hospital near you and apply at no cost for an Agent Orange screening. Also as a Vietnam Veteran you are eligable for free medical treatment at any Veterans Hospital across the country irrevelent of income, wealth, or a medical insurance carrier.

Have a happy Veterans Day and be thankful for the freedom our troops give us.

Remembrance day is observed in Canada

I drove the coupe today and am constantly amazed how strong a reminder the 1939 Plymouth is a relic of that era. 1939 was the year Canada entered WWII. Driving in the car makes a direct linear connection to the past.

The past is in the rear view mirror

The present here I sit

The future coming at me through the front (split "V") windsheild.

We should all remember....

Also for the Families of those that will not return regardless of origin you are remembered.

I received this video and watched it with my granddaughter. 7 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=KTb6qdPu8JE

MSgt Dwayne Allen

USAF Retired

Tomorrow at 11am at the cemetery in Grahamsville they are raising a new US Flag that will fly over the cemetery Until Memorial Day in honor of two brothers from Neversink who served During World War Two, one was killed during the war and the other survived to be killed during the construction of the Neversink Res in 1959. Cooper, the Plymouth and I are attending the ceremony.

Bob Drown

US Air Force Dec of '68 to Dec of '72

My Father is a veteran of the Army-Air Force during World War Two, one of my Mother's older brothers was killed in France just after D-Day.

I have two sons that served in the Air Force and are now out

Edited by '40Plymouth

It's kind of ironic...just yesterday, I saw an elderly friend of the family. I hadn't seen this gentleman for many years, although years ago, my parents, and several of their friends met on a fairly routine basis. Playing cards, sharing a meal, a bit of traveling, back yard barbeques, etc. This veteran of WWII was a bombadier on a B-17, and his plane was shot down. He was forced to bail out, and during his descent, he was strafed by a German warplane. The result was that he lost a leg due to the gunshots, and became a POW. I can't even imagine the horror that this man endured, and yet he always maintained a positive outlook on life. He's now nearly 89 years old, and still going strong. Somehow, I think his generation was a much stronger bunch of folks than my generation. I regret that I never personally thanked him for his sacrifice and courage during the WWII conflict, but I've always been amazed by his outlook on life, and the positive outlook he has. I think he's a stronger man than I would be, considering all that he has been through. Sorry for the rambling post, but I just had to share my thoughts.

Wayne

It's kind of ironic...just yesterday, I saw an elderly friend of the family. I hadn't seen this gentleman for many years, although years ago, my parents, and several of their friends met on a fairly routine basis. Playing cards, sharing a meal, a bit of traveling, back yard barbeques, etc. This veteran of WWII was a bombadier on a B-17, and his plane was shot down. He was forced to bail out, and during his descent, he was strafed by a German warplane. The result was that he lost a leg due to the gunshots, and became a POW. I can't even imagine the horror that this man endured, and yet he always maintained a positive outlook on life. He's now nearly 89 years old, and still going strong. Somehow, I think his generation was a much stronger bunch of folks than my generation. I regret that I never personally thanked him for his sacrifice and courage during the WWII conflict, but I've always been amazed by his outlook on life, and the positive outlook he has. I think he's a stronger man than I would be, considering all that he has been through. Sorry for the rambling post, but I just had to share my thoughts.

Wayne

That generation did not waste time and effort whining and blaming and asking for "compensation". They knew why they were going and accepted the consequences.

A foreign concept today...gotta have someone to blame.

Those guys were as tough as nails. And pure class as well.

And thanks to all those here who served...you are class acts as well.