flathead automatic adapter, and problems

Olddaddy

I have a Mopar made adapter to mount an automatic transmission behind a flathead six. It came out of a Northwest airlines tugger. Unfortunately all I got was the adapter plate, but thanks for Al Fam I was able to copy his crank adapter. The only problem now is that the starter cutout in the adapter plate doesn't line up with the position on the automatic. I know that these were made in the early 60s, maybe even late 50s. Does anyone know if the early cast iron automatics had a different starter location? The tranny in the picture is a small block 904, which is the same as a 727, but the starter does not line up. Do the big block trannies mount the starter lower? It's a cool piece, but without the right starter position it may just be scrap metal. Anybody fluent in early Mopar automatics, speak up please.

I don't know anything about the early cast iron trannies, but I can tell you that the Torqueflite 727's for a big block V-8 have a much different bellhousing on them than one for a small block V-8, and the third variant is the one for a slant 6. You might want to check all of them!

Marty