Car quiz OT

Guest Bill_Laird

It is nasty outside so I have spent a bit over an hour on this..I have 92 out of 100..as I am not a chevy fan I have trouble with a few model names...I will eventually get it but this is enough for now..I have but two that I have not named the make...so without the make I cannot get the model..so that leaves basically only 4 models not named.

Guest Bill_Laird
took me about 20 mins and I got a 98/100 because I can't figure out what #9 is

That was the one that took me a few days to get. I eventually threw my hands up and another member of the board I saw this on gave me some clues to the name. But getting almost through it in 20 minutes is exceptional.

I got 94/100

#9 got me

and the model name for 41

Great Fun, though, Thanks Bill

Brings back a memory of the olden days ;)

Way back in 1967 when I was in newpaper carriers school for 5 days in the summer they had a quiz similar to this given by the police to encourage us to remember details if we ever saw a crime in progress.

It was about 30 small pictures of parts of cars like this quiz and I got all of them in about 5 minutes and won a gas powered Spitfire airplane...the one thats on a string and you go round and round until you fall over flying the stupid thing.

I still have it somewhere around here.

Guest Bill_Laird
I got 94/100

#9 got me

and the model name for 41

Great Fun, though, Thanks Bill

Brings back a memory of the olden days ;)

Way back in 1967 when I was in newpaper carriers school for 5 days in the summer they had a quiz similar to this given by the police to encourage us to remember details if we ever saw a crime in progress.

It was about 30 small pictures of parts of cars like this quiz and I got all of them in about 5 minutes and won a gas powered Spitfire airplane...the one thats on a string and you go round and round until you fall over flying the stupid thing.

I still have it somewhere around here.

Yeah #24 IIRC is the only odd ball out of the bunch. It's a newer car and it was thrown in with all the older, vintage cars.

I took a look at those pictures and I got a headack but here's one that I bet nobody can figure out? It sold last year at a car swap for $75 dollars-what is it?

testing006.jpg

I see this classic was stored inside at the swap meet. Was that done to prevent additional rust? If they sold this hulk by the pound it would weigh less by the time you got it home.

I kind of laugh at that car when I saw it and thought who would want that hunk of rust, but some one did! I also thought by the time who ever bought it towed it home he might not have anything on his trailer but a pile of rusted sheet metal. Oh well one man dream is another man's nightmare!

well in 10 minutes at lunch I got 86/100. missing the model on 3, can't begin to get 8, number 9 is a nash but it won't accept it., 10 is an AMC put in Javelin, and AMX hornet, and gremlin13 and 24 are drawing blanks, as is 30, and I can't get the model for 42.

But for a lunchtime quickie thought that was pretty good.