HoodSpring Installation Tip

55 Fargo

Hi all, yesterday when another fellow old mopar collector cameover , I asked him what the correct procedure to install a hood spring. He explained that I could hang a chain on the bottom hook on the spring, with the top hook of course in the hole on the hood hinge. The chain should be long enough to hang down to the floor/ground. I then wrapped it around a 2x4, about 3 ft long. With the chain sinched around the end of the 2x4, I was able to stand on the 2x4, which pulled/stretched the spring downward and I slid it on to it's mount. I then took the chain off and the spring was in it's place, I tried many methods before this, no doubt some of you already knew this trick, but I didn,t...................Fred

The P-15 hood spring is easy to install. With hood off, Just remove the front hinge mount bolt and swing the hinge down far enough to hook the spring in place. then put a cresent wrench on the front part of the hinge and lift it high enough to replace the removed mount bolt.