spark plug for Edmunds head

xbedbugger

Go over to the p15 d24 forum and do a search for sparkplugs. this was just covered about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Several brands and part numbers were mentioned. the casting thickess if th aluminum heads is thicker than the stock so you need a plug with a longer threaded section to get the plug's end into the combustion chamber.

Mike,

Greg is correct in that you will need a longer plug with your aluminum head.

Tom Langdon suggested AC 45FFS or 46FFS plugs. Since I am running a Langdon Mini GM 12volt HEI, he suggested that I gap them at .060 to get the full potential of the hot spark now available. Just to make sure I had proper clearance, we put a dab of putty like stuff at the bottom of the plug wire and turned the engine over.

I had to be very careful not to strip the threads on the soft aluminum.

1937 Dodge Thanks for the info. I'll get those plugs and check for clearance. I'm running a slant 6 distrubitor with electronic ignition,so I guess the plugs gapped at 40 will be ok. xbedbugger Mike

Tell me about this!! I have often thought a /6 distributor could be made to work in a flathead. Have never seen it done or attempted it myself. What is the procedure? The electrical part is no problem,how did you get it to fit the flathead? Thanks.

This is how I did it. disassembled the electronic dist. used a long bolt thru the body, chucked in in drill press, put rubber band around cap hold down clamps, set drill press on slowest speed, filed down body part that goes into block. You don't have to remove much metal, reassemble the dist using the shaft from the points dist, (same size shaft) . Don't use the 0 ring gasket on the electronic dist as it wont let the housing go in all the way. I used a 0 ring gasket at the top of the engine block, didn't leak. The dist hold down adjustment is from the points dist. Mount the control module and wire it up. Got my wireing instructions off the internet. I'll post pics soon. Mike