Left Headlight

48mirage

I keep burning out the left headlight. The wiring looks fine but I will go back over that again to be sure. I have not noticed when it is going out. Doesn't seem to happen when I'm going down the road. But my headlight switch is very stiff to turn on at times. Could this be the source of the problem. Would some sort of short in the switch blow the filament?

Your car hasn't been converted to 12 volts has it and you are replacing the left one with a 6 volt bulb?

Sorry.....it's just the first thing that popped into my mind but I may have a loose screw or my wires crossed.:o

I ran an 8 volt battery for awhile knowing it wouldn't tax the charging system while having more amps for the starter on a cold Colorado morning. I really liked the setup but it burned-out headlamps faster than the benefits of quick starting paid for the lights.

My first best guess.

-Randy