Rebuilding The Flathead 6

Shawn F.

Everything said here should be taken as gospel! How do I know? I had NO automotive experience and decided to dissemble my Dodge 230. Of course I didn't take pictures, and I didn't put the bolts, small parts, etc. into baggies and label them. So now I get to spend my Winter days looking in parts manuals tryng to determine what length bolt goes where. Yeah, yeah, I can see the heads shaking now and hear the gales of laughter. So when you guys quit choking on your beer and can repond, could one of you post a picture of what bolts go where when putting the timing chain cover back on? BTW I no longer have no automotive experience.

I did however have a shop do the machine work, and I replaced most everything with new parts. I'm going to give them a case of beer for Christmas; maybe they won't grimace so much when I walk in the door.

I believe it was Clint Eastwood in one of his movies said "A man has to know his limitations." I've made a start Clint.