gas tank connector-on 51?

Lou Earle

I will be putting the gas tank back in on my 51 coupe. It did not have the - what I call the bead between the gas line and the connection on the tank. That is the oblong tapered at each end bead.

Does anyone know if that connection was modified by the factory so that that bead was or is no longer necessary? I just am worried Ha I dropped it along the way and might need to get one to re install - need some help here

Lou

Lou you should be able to look at the tank and tell it was never there. You should be able to see a round depression that the flare on the line will fit into. Plus the hole on the tank will be a lot more shallow because that bead thing doesnt have to go in there.

I don't know about your coupe, but my 46 plymouth coupe uses the ferrule, but the 49 dodge pickup I am working didn't have one in the line, so maybe they changed over about then. I noticed a thread on the forum one time that told how someone made a modified ferrule from some plastic tubing that worked. Joel