Ticonderoga NY

Allan Faust

Hi,

Just got back from a week in Ottawa.... Love the new job.... met some interesting folks including a Porsche racer from South Carolina. In about 2-3 weeks time, I may be on my way to a mill in Ticonderoga NY, and am wondering if there any members in the area.... maybe I can finally meet someone from the board once my work is done, before travelling back.

Allan

Good to hear things are working out for you Alan. On the outskirts of Ottawa there are a couple of old car dealers. Wayne Rowe is in Lindsay and another is CWM Classic Cars, is owned by Chris Morgan in Winchester. Brendan.

Its noted Brendan... when I have time (move and work and family and information overload) I'll be checking them out... as well as Princess Auto as well, and I believe they have a Lee Valley there too..... all in due time, all in due time..... gotta get past the boxes....

Allan

Ticonderoga is a day trip away with all those pesky mountains in the way.

If you ever get on the Tug Hill Plateau, near Crogan, or on the west side of the DAKS, you need to say so. Shel is in Old Forge, and I am about an hour and a half away from Shel.

Hope you get eased in to your new position, and are able to get you household moved without a lot of drama. That was certainly a long dry spell for you. You might want to PM Jims50Chrysler, I believe his close to your new neck of the woods.

Ticonderoga is a day trip away with all those pesky mountains in the way.

If you ever get on the Tug Hill Plateau, near Crogan, or on the west side of the DAKS, you need to say so. Shel is in Old Forge, and I am about an hour and a half away from Shel.

Hope you get eased in to your new position, and are able to get you household moved without a lot of drama. That was certainly a long dry spell for you. You might want to PM Jims50Chrysler, I believe his close to your new neck of the woods.

Well, if there is a pulp and paper mill in the area, you may be able to see me in the area.... once I get past my initial training, I could be travelling anywhere in the US or Canada.... (I'm going to Marathon ON next week, and a little closer to rockwood in Fort Frances, On the week after that....)

Allan

Allan, Forgive my ignorance of Canadian geography, but if you are anywhere near Toronto there's a great yard about an hour north of there in Cheslea. It might be too late for this season as the old boy closes down when it gets cold. When I was last there around 2000 he had hundreds, maybe thousands of old cars and trucks. It was a great mix of American and British stuff, everything from Mopars to Austins and Morris Minors.

Allan, Forgive my ignorance of Canadian geography, but if you are anywhere near Toronto there's a great yard about an hour north of there in Cheslea. It might be too late for this season as the old boy closes down when it gets cold. When I was last there around 2000 he had hundreds, maybe thousands of old cars and trucks. It was a great mix of American and British stuff, everything from Mopars to Austins and Morris Minors.

Think I met that fellow on the weekend. We were at a big car show in Port Elgin Ontario and this chap was quite interested in my P18 and the speed equipment on the engine. He started telling me about all the stuff he had in his yard which was in Chesley. Chesley is a short hop from Port Elgin which is on Lake Huron but is at least a 2 1/2 hour drive from Toronto.