Gas tank connector hose and pill in line

Lou Earle

After usual cussing fussing and frustrations I removed the gas tank from a 52 plym- as usual there was crud all in it and rusted. However I have another 52 tank(Tim I am using it) in OK shape. However in removing as usual I destroyed the rubber connector to the filler neck anyone got any ideas where to get it look like either 2 1/4 or 2 3/8 pipe diameter- looking at local places with not much luck

Also- does the 52 tanks have the little pill in the gas line at the tank to connect the gas line - i have not found one in either tank

Lou

Lou,

The old Fords of the 30's used a rubber seal around the pipe as you describe. Might try an old Ford parts vendor for the seal. Could possibly get the exact size too since the gas caps also fit my 48 Plymouth pipe.

Another place to try is Tanks Inc. When I was on their web site awhile back I noticed they also sold the seals.