Spring on Clutch Release Bearing

cpwalter

Can someone tell me how you remove this spring? I can not see inside of the clutch fork hole to see where it is located. I do not want to ruin it when I pull out the transmission. I know there must be a secret way to do it and to put it back on at reassembly because I have not been able to figure it out so far. I can not get my head down near the openning to look in. And if I could I can not get my glasses focused to distinguish what the heck I am looking at. Please share the secret method for disconnecting and reinstalling this lovely little spring.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Dodge truck throwout release spring setup. If you have the 11" clutch I found it's necessary to remove the spring and the release bearing to be able to pull down the pressure plate and disc. Just pull the trans and then worry about the throwout brg. and spring after the trans is out.

Bob