What a fool

Rodney Bullock

I went over to the stude yesterday to gather up all the brake parts so I could take the brake shoes to Baltimore to have them relined for future use. When I got there the box with all my extra parts was gone. I asked the manager where my stuff was and they looked for it. This idiot who I have forbid to even look at my car much less work on it said "Oh I threw that stuff out" I reached for his neck and the shop guy's got in my way. I could not believe he threw away my 4 wheel cly, master cly and my brake shoes. As you may know Stude vendors will not sell you brake shoes outright you have to send them the cores.

I left the shop so mad I had to pull over and get my act together for the road. This is why we don't have te cores of old. I remember Andy B telling me that he could not just send the brake shoes without the core. I now understand. I just can't beleive how dumb a person can be, sorry for that i found out that there was no milk for my coco puffs this moring and the prize inside was gone:( ..those darn kids!

I went over to the stude yesterday to gather up all the brake parts so I could take the brake shoes to Baltimore to have them relined for future use. When I got there the box with all my extra parts was gone. I asked the manager where my stuff was and they looked for it. This idiot who I have forbid to even look at my car much less work on it said "Oh I threw that stuff out" I reached for his neck and the shop guy's got in my way. I could not believe he threw away my 4 wheel cly, master cly and my brake shoes. As you may know Stude vendors will not sell you brake shoes outright you have to send them the cores.

I left the shop so mad I had to pull over and get my act together for the road. This is why we don't have te cores of old. I remember Andy B telling me that he could not just send the brake shoes without the core. I now understand. I just can't beleive how dumb a person can be, sorry for that i found out that there was no milk for my coco puffs this moring and the prize inside was gone:( ..those darn kids!

I was getting more P-offed with each word you wrote. What kind a "bag of hammers" idiot did this.

I woulda be just like you,maybe would have gave him a "tune-up" and I don't mean new spark plugs.

I had someone recently tell me they would throw a brick through my 47s window, my BPs went up so high, my adrenaline was just a racin.

I can relate to your pain, hope you find some parts, I will ask up here if you need me to............Fred

Rodney I just read of your predicament and I just called the outfit I deal with and they said they probably can match you up with a new set of shoes and whatever you might need. Here is there internet site and just give them a call so they can look up in there inventory to check your problem out. I could not give them your year or make of your Studebaker but they said they had Studebaker Hawk brake shoes. Jon:D

http://www.hagensautoparts.com/

Thanks all, I just like to have that extra set of shoes in basement. We live in a time where being smart and thinking ahead helps you. By having those parts gives you a head start. I have brake shoes for all of my cars in reserve.

I was over at the president of my clubs house two week ago, he wanted a few of us to change his wheel cly. When we pulled his drum off we discovered that he was using disc brake bearing grease and it had spattered all over his set-up and locked the wheel up. when we pulled the drum the lining of the shoes came right off. He did not have extra's, he had to stay home.

This is why alot of you have parts to send others here on the forum because you don't throw your things away. Thanks for the heads up, I was talking to a guy at this old old auto parts store this morning and he said that Raybestos has front and rear for a 61 hawk on the shelf, they had been there for 6 years. A guy ordered them and tried to drive the car to go and get them.

You know what happened:mad: he should have waited for the wife to come hoe with the other car:cool: what can you do.

If you want any parts for your stude thee is a studebaker man in Hazlehurst ga with a yard full of about 30 or 40 old studes he drives a stude hawk and his wife has a grand tourismo?? his kids have studes and he was past pres of stude club- he is the one who re built the postal truck that is inthe stude museum

His name is niel thornton- very nice fellow- phone #(912) 375-7986 give him a call

Lou

Rodney, I was waiting to read the part where you talked with your lawyer who is sending that idiot and his employer a letter about how he is going to replace everything or face a law suit. Will that happen?

When the rest of us make stupid mistakes, we have to pay for it. They do too.

Studeparts.com This is SASCO the studebaker building still there. -Studebakerswap.com - cathcart Studebaker 860 564 5852 -Fairborn Studebaker 937 878 1576 - Phils Studebaker 5746740084 - Studebakerparts.com - Tom karkiewicz 62503 Mulbery Rd 513, Ind 46614. I cant find toms # for some reason but if you send him a note he will call you. He has most anything you want as he bought out a lot of th old factory. Good Luck Bill

I am no lawyer, and I am not dispensing legal advice, but I believe that repair shops cannot dispose of replaced or removed parts until permission is given by the owner. Maryland may be the exception to the rule, but it seems to me you have a case unless there was something in the fine print you signed when you brought the car in for repair.

Of course, here in northern Colorado, they would just lie, and claim that you gave them permission to dispose of old parts and now you changed your mind. Unless you have a witness of your own, they will probably counter-sue in criminal and civil court for attempted assault as retribution for your civil suit to recover damages from their unauthourised disposal.

All in all, I wouldn't go back there if I was you. May I recommend, http://www.RipoffReport.com ?

First, I want to thank all of you for all that info:) I was out at car shows all weekend and I have not givin it alot of thought. Supercar automotive has been working on my cars now for about 20 years, the manager there is my mechanic as well as a friend. There are times I call him to tell me what to do when my cars down at the country garage won't start and he helps over the phone. It's the bone head help he got in there that's makes me mad.

This Guy(one in perticular) knows how I feel about my car and my parts. You all are right about the throwing away of parts, they do need our permission. it has always been my understanding that after all the repairs are made, you go though all the stuff and decide what you want and don't want. When they put disc brakes on the 55 they saved everything and I have it. The samr thing with the tilt wheel installation They did not throw away my steering wheel and steering box. This guy doesen't think.I have reguested that he not work on my cars and he has not however he still cleans up:rolleyes: All in all I just soon forget about it, I know I lost money however they will make it up in some other capasity. The one thing about being into these old cars is we pay alot of attention to details most people don't, this is why we are so special, this is also why everyone doesen't have an old car to play with, it takes a different kind to keep one of these running. Everybody can't do it. The smile is back:D I washed the Plymouth today and wondered"How in the world did I luck up and get this":) you got to love this hobby.