MikeMaker

Normspeed

That's Mike's but nope, not in Burbank.

My move will be going on until some time in October, bit by bit. I'm an independent cuss and I'd rather buy the fuel than pay to get my stuff moved. It will take at least three round trips to do it. I like to drive so it's recreation, and I plan to kick back between runs. 675 miles each way. I dropped off my Bronco and teardrop last week, re-registered them, and came home with my son's F150 and flatbed trailer. Today I installed a cycle chock and loaded the motorsickle and Festiva up.

post-64-13585348269593_thumb.jpg

That's Mike's but nope, not in Burbank.

My move will be going on until some time in October, bit by bit. I'm an independent cuss and I'd rather buy the fuel than pay to get my stuff moved. It will take at least three round trips to do it. I like to drive so it's recreation, and I plan to kick back between runs. 675 miles each way. I dropped off my Bronco and teardrop last week, re-registered them, and came home with my son's F150 and flatbed trailer. Today I installed a cycle chock and loaded the motorsickle and Festiva up.

You should change your name to bikerNorm... I like that! :D

Any sightings of Mikemaker?

:confused:

I finally reached him by regular email. He's just been really busy and hasn't been on the forum lately. Glad I could reach him, I'd have felt awful if I couldn't get the 3 speed back to him. Whattaguy, he loans me a freshly rebuilt P15 transmission to put in my P24 while I rebuilt the overdrive trans.

Dang, I forgot my password and for some reason, I could not get it sent to me. Anyways, I'm back. Sorry I have not been around much lately. I check the postings but I have not posted for a while. Until now. My jeeps broke and I'm driving the beater full time for a few weeks now. Started it up today and it had a strange noise on acceleration. After some inspection I find the the vibration damper, or Harmonic balance, is just spinning freely on the end of the crankshaft. WHat's the deal? Is it supposed to be keyed in, spline? What holds it in place. There is about 1/4 inch on either side of it and it just spins around.

Help!

Thanks guys.

• 7 years later...

Hey guys!  I saw MikeMaker today!  He came by my house to drop off some parts and some really great art!  I'll take photos later and post them.  I wish Norm were still around to tell this to, but I know the rest of you are...so I was told to tell you guys "MikeMaker says hello!"

FG.

Don, he's truly a really great guy.  He knew I had surgery this week and drove the parts by.  Even came in the house, chatted for awhile and just awesome all the way around.  I couldn't get up, but I was able to shake his hand.

FG.