On the way to Ottawa!! OT

Allan Faust

Say hello to Steven Harper, and you know what you tell Stephane Dion about his "Carbon Tax".

Best of luck to you Allan, I lived near Ottawa at Kingston Ontario, several years ago, still love that beautiful part of Canada...........Fred

Well, thanx for all the well wishes.... I just got back home;

Left for Ottawa on the 3rd.... tok an hour and a half flight to Montreal, then flew another half hour to Ottawa..... spent the rest of the day exploring Ottawa....

Next day, interviews..... with my boss and my co worker, with HR, did some lab tests, with VP of the company that just came back 2 days before from China, Bangladesh, India...., with the head of the equipment dept, more with my boss and coworker.... lunch with them, and to finish everything off with my boss for dinner..... and relax..... where my boss told me that although it would only be confirmed on Friday, I could rest easy knowing I had the job, because no matter what others would say, he has the final word on things....

On the flight home on Friday, I got confirmation that I have the new job.... so now on to the relocation...... ouch....

Allan

Congratulations, Allan! Just knowing you have a good job has to be a relief. The move will be a pain in the neck but you have a great reason for it. Once you, the family, and the job are settled you will be able to once again think of the Plymouth. I always found when I was teaching, supper was over, kids in bed, etc. that going out to the garage was very therapeutic. Hopefully by this time next year your life will be settled and your car project back in business. Again Good Luck and keep us posted as lots of people on the forum are wishing you all the best!

Well, I'm relieved.... and my wife told me, boy do you ever seem to be relaxed finally.... and that is definitely true. The whole trip went positively, and have no negative impressions on the new company, even after all the people I met... (and the funny thing is that usually someone will give me a negative impression, but not this time...).

I can't wait to see what the future holds... I know it won't be easy, but it should be interesting....

And just to mention it, at the beginning of the job..... for you in the northeast US or eastern canada (from Thunder Bay east), if you have a pulp mill in the area, I may be in the area eventually.... and I definitely won't be working 24 hrs a day..... later on it could be the entire US and Canada, how much later depends on my progression.... Hopefully I can take a bit of time to put some faces on the messages around here....

Allan

Congrats on the job. I'm sure it takes a lot of worries away.

I don't envy the moving part, but a change of scenery can't hurt.

Do you get to take the old car with you? Sometimes moving them is more than some folks want to deal with or can afford.

Hehe..... its coming along..... believe it or not, this car was part of the 10 minute presentation I had to make.... and my boss loved the presentation, so they know it'll be coming along. They've moved people to Vancouver and to the east coast as well, so I don't think they are worried about the expense a car will add on....

Allan

Well, thanx for all the well wishes.... I just got back home;

Left for Ottawa on the 3rd.... tok an hour and a half flight to Montreal, then flew another half hour to Ottawa..... spent the rest of the day exploring Ottawa....

Next day, interviews..... with my boss and my co worker, with HR, did some lab tests, with VP of the company that just came back 2 days before from China, Bangladesh, India...., with the head of the equipment dept, more with my boss and coworker.... lunch with them, and to finish everything off with my boss for dinner..... and relax..... where my boss told me that although it would only be confirmed on Friday, I could rest easy knowing I had the job, because no matter what others would say, he has the final word on things....

On the flight home on Friday, I got confirmation that I have the new job.... so now on to the relocation...... ouch....

Allan

Congrats Allen;

It is always great when a new door opens. When can I expect to see your grinning face in Tennessee? Or keep me informed of your travels and we might connect somewhere on the road.