Heading east

Normspeed

Well, early Monday I'll be heading for NM. Got the Bronco all fueled up, $98 yikes. That will get me to Phoenix, halfway point. The teardrop is packed to the ceiling with camping and boating stuff, the Bronco has my 12 foot porta bote on the roof, and in the back a complete flathead six, an engine stand and a 4 ton hoist. Jeez, no wonder I fell through the rafters at the muffler shop:D

I may be off the forum a bit for the next few months as I make my move to southern New Mexico. But, like the Terminator said, "I'll be Bock".

Good luck, Norm, with the move to NM. May come and visit you one day as I have always wanted to see NM. Not sure why but it is a state that has always appealed to me. Hope your '53 will like its new home. I imagine it will as you have already had it there. Take care and drive safely.

Just flipped to the Weather Channel to check on out latest tropical storm threat and caught an update on severe weather in the Phoenix area. Called Normspeed to alert him and check on his progress. He took a route south of Phoenix and said he could see the heavy clouds off to the north. According to his on board navigation system (he's so high tech) he's 2 hours and 27 minutes away from Deming... and the muffler is still with him. End of update.

Lee

thanks for the update...I am glad his getting there in one piece, even his muffler is in one piece. glad to hear...:D

Hey Mackster, I think Normspeed is transitioning very well to the retired life in NM. Although he's got a lot a stuff to move he biting it off one trip at a time over the next couple of months so it shouldn't be too stressful on him. Nothing compared to what he had to put up with at his job.

By the way, sorry I didn't get to meet you when I was out there for the Roadster Show/Antique Nats in June. Did get to hook up with Tony C. at the drags. Hoping that Norm and I can meet at the Lone Star Round-Up in Austin next April. That would be a good shakedown cruise for your Mopar if its ready for the road by then.

I'll keep the updates coming on the excellent adventures of Normspeed until he gets back on line.

Lee

Hey Mackster, I think Normspeed is transitioning very well to the retired life in NM. Although he's got a lot a stuff to move he biting it off one trip at a time over the next couple of months so it shouldn't be too stressful on him. Nothing compared to what he had to put up with at his job.

By the way, sorry I didn't get to meet you when I was out there for the Roadster Show/Antique Nats in June. Did get to hook up with Tony C. at the drags. Hoping that Norm and I can meet at the Lone Star Round-Up in Austin next April. That would be a good shakedown cruise for your Mopar if its ready for the road by then.

I'll keep the updates coming on the excellent adventures of Normspeed until he gets back on line.

Lee

Thanks Lee, I was in a month long party bus with the wife as it was our anniversary. it was our 10th year married and we wanted to go out as a couple. I usually surround myself with lots of people to hang out and the wife wants to be alone for at least a month out of the year...:D My mopar is far from driving but I am going to put the pedal to the metal and keep on keeping on. Hopefully I meet you guys there.....I am sort of a ghost, the only person who actually know I am around is normspeed...:D

If you can make the Lone Star Round Up in April let me know, I live in Georgetown, which is 30 miles north on I 35. The Round Up gets bigger and better every year. On Sunday morning they caravan out to some place on Lake Travis for brunch. Friday afternoon is usually a garage crawl, then Friday night on South Congress or as the locals call it SoCo is real crazy. I am really surprised that the Police haven’t cracked down on the Friday night crazies. It cost to enter your car or if you are just a spectator the cost is less. They have live music and food venders. Jessie James showed his new 51 Mercury last year at the Round Up, he a partner in South Austin Speed Shop with Mercury Charlie Runnels.

If you can make the Lone Star Round Up in April let me know, I live in Georgetown, which is 30 miles north on I 35. .

What are the dates in April 2008? Just as soon as my AARP Tax volunteer job ends on April 15th I'm heading south on a Road Trip. Meeting friends in the "new" Georgetown and may look up Dick Osgood in the old part.

Not in the Pilothouse however as we will be heading across to Big Bend Park and Maybe on to Huntington Beach California. Could find Norm in New Mexico.

Dennis Sullivan

Monticello, MN

Had a great trip. The Bronco ran perfect for 600 out of 675 miles, then all the smoke escaped from the alternator. Glad I renewed my AAA card.

Here's my ride with my new tags.

Damn, Norm. I had in the back of my mind that you were leaving in September. I guess I missed your departure. You still have the same cell # right? Let me know what your new is when you get it. Glad to hear that all but 75 miles went well for you. Take care.

Darin

Had a great trip. The Bronco ran perfect for 600 out of 675 miles, then all the smoke escaped from the alternator. Glad I renewed my AAA card.

Here's my ride with my new tags.

Hey Bud, glad you made it almost alright. Called last night but you and Rick must have been engrossed in the convention, or body slamming each other in front of the TV. Replace the alternator eh, where's pickApart when you need them.

Lee

Coming to you live between two tropical storms

If you had to pay Ca registration fees you'd understand why the instant plate change, plus people in other states generally don't seem to love us Californians too much. Besides you want to look like a local as quick as possible. Glad you made it most of the way O.K. Norm we miss ya already!

I do pay Ca registration fees on 8 vehicles.:eek:

Dennis:D