Most customized 49 I ever saw,,,, at Goodguys

jd52cranbrook

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I agree...appears it would be right at home in an enclosed trailer.....it is a representation of many ideas brought to live..many many hours of painstaking labor and a visit to a very good interior shop and paint booth...just where would you feel confortable or safe driving this things...went just a bit above and beyond for making this an enjoyable ride..

Look at some of the things that are changed such as the hood, looks like maybe a tri-five chevy along with the front half of the core support, rear fenders what are they off ? Plymouth had the mirror on the dash from I belive 57-62.

Trailer queen or not, it's a very cool custom. I would rather drive them too, but you, (or at least I) have to admire the effort and vision.

When he cruised P town with it after, it had a remote control trunk that would go up and down at times for the sound to come out. Wish I could have talked to him.

Here is another 49 vert that was at one of the Friday night shindigs in the

Boro. This car arrived under its own power and as soon as it did the

occupants all jumped out with a squirt can of polish and went to town on it.

The Friday night things are a cruise in not a car show. Bugs and road dust

are the trophies.

49_Ply4.jpg

49_Ply3.jpg

49Ply1.jpg

49_Ply.jpg

sometimes something may not get the rave that someone thinks it deserves...while this car in general is one heck of a example of custom work and time and money spent...it is just not the realistic car as normally found on this page in my opinion..I would not look twice at this car in a show or such...I perfer spending my time with the people such as I that like a car for what it is..maybe it is stock..that is fine, maybe it has a few upgrades or engine transplant , that is fine also..except I never look further if a 350 SBC..everyone does this..no biggy..kits available all day long..this car as pictured is very high end...

I would drive the wheels off that thing!! Sure you will get a few chips and whatnot, but man would it be bitchen to drive! seems everytime I finish one I sell it before I get to enjoy it. I bought the 50 to sell but I am becoming more and more attached to it, so I think I may let my 67 Dart go instead. I think this site is pretty darn good compaired to other I have been on. No one attacks you if you ask a question and they think it is stupid or whatever. Nothing like a new guy asking a question to find out something and then the "click" jumps on him like he should know everything and how dare he bother them with a stupid question like that, I have not seen that here witch is great!!:)

I'm sure there will be many more ideas and responses. But,

This was the first, custom, hot rod, sled, what word you want to use, of a same era of my car that I have seen anywhere. Where someone actually took the time to complete a custom, hot rod, (enter your optional word here).

Guess I should have not posted it, and stayed within the norm. My apologies.

And yes, every forum has their internal clicks, face it or not. Sad but true.

Now, I guess I'm face with a barrage of opinions as to why I am so off base.

And yes, every forum has their internal clicks, face it or not.

I agree every forum has a click. But on this forum I believe everyone is a member of the same click you included. I may be slightly extra positive to my good friend Norms Coupe, but we all get along here regardless of opinions. That is why this is the best forum on the web.

Nice looking kustom and superior finishing - I like it!

With the trunk so full of speakers where would you put the ice chest, chairs, suit case, and/or cleaning supplies?:D That is one nice looking 49, I like it too.

Dennis:eek:

...still, I agree with Dennis: Where do you haul the beer? Bacon? Schnaps?

Seriously,

tell me, why the speakears are in the trunk, aimed backwards?

Does the MOB play music for the corpse in the trunk these days?

I'm sure there will be many more ideas and responses. But,

This was the first, custom, hot rod, sled, what word you want to use, of a same era of my car that I have seen anywhere. Where someone actually took the time to complete a custom, hot rod, (enter your optional word here).

Guess I should have not posted it, and stayed within the norm. My apologies.

And yes, every forum has their internal clicks, face it or not. Sad but true.

Now, I guess I'm face with a barrage of opinions as to why I am so off base.

I don't agree... not in the least.... whether or not people like them or not... I love it, and would love to have it as a daily driver ( a couple of things I'd change, particularily the interior, but that is me...) The thing I find about this site, is that no matter what you bring here, it will be accepted.... yes, maybe not by everyone, but everyone will have an opinion of it, whether good or bad.... and it can be discussed, without a flame war starting. I've seen stuff that Tim has done that I personally don't agree with, as an example (start flamin Tim :D) but they are his cars.... and he may not like stuff that I'll do mine..... so what... I love full customs, I love lead sleds..... I won't do it to mine (but if I could I would....)... however, if I ever needed any info on anything dealing with the cars of this era, stock or custom... I'd definitely want Tim's opinion on it..... and others, because we have so many differing opinions on how things, could, should, would be done... from the full stock all the way to the wild customs (and we've seen some weird ones discussed here).

Allan

[quote name=Uncle-Pekka;91195 Where do you haul the beer? Bacon? Schnaps?

Seriously' date='

tell me, why the speakears are in the trunk, aimed backwards?

Does the MOB play music for the corpse in the trunk these days?[/quote]

The beer is between the legs, and the schnaps is in the back seat with the other party goers....

As for the music... has anyone noticed the monitor in the trunk lid??? THey play videos etc.....

Allan

I guess Glenn took this car personal..I apologize if I hurt your feeling in any way with my comments..but then again I will not change my comments for they are what I think and as they again are but the opinion of one person, shrugg it off..and like Allan says, he don't like everything I do..and he is not expected to...will his comment change my mind..in no manner...will it piss me off..not in the least..will I continue on my car..dang straight..I'm having fun and that is what counts..