Jump to content

tanda62

Members
  • Content Count

    166
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

tanda62 last won the day on June 13

tanda62 had the most liked content!

About tanda62

  • Rank
    Senior Member, have way too much spare time on my hands

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Havana, Florida
  • Interests
    Old cars, golf and general putzing about.
  • My Project Cars
    53 Dodge B4C116 Truck

Contact Methods

  • Biography
    Former Air Force Officer, computer guy and high school teacher.
  • Occupation
    Happily retired

Converted

  • Location
    Havana, FL
  • Interests
    Old vehicles

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Here is one - https://dcmclassics.com/suspension-parts/252-s-309-front-spring-bushing.html?search_query=front+spring+bushing&results=5
  2. Installed the front bumper and fog lights today, lo and behold they work! Now I will have a nice yellow haze through the fog...
  3. I used a machine threaded hose barb. Drilled out the master cylinder plug and tapped it, then screwed in the barb. This is the best picture I can provide - hope it helps...
  4. It really looks good in the pictures. Scratch marks are like scars - gives the truck character 😁
  5. Sounds like a great plan and will let the tri-power really breathe to give you the rumble your looking for. Nice setup and I like the newer air filters!
  6. Good looking stuff! I am curious is your bed wood composite? It really looks nice.
  7. Are you using a flasher unit made for LEDs? My understanding is with an LED specific flasher you do not need any load equalizers. I have setup mine with LEDs and it seems to work fine without load equalizers. This is the flasher unit I am using: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMNGM6X/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07JMNGM6X&pd_rd_w=7GCV7&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=2ZJ01&pf_rd_r=5J44W3EPX8VNDHZ1X8JW&pd_rd_r=e1efc044-69d7-4f32-bf71-067367adc86c&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE1WFdRVjlZVFBPQjkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMDA0NzQxUVFQRFlVTTJVOUtQJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NTcyMTUyS1I3M1NWRDQxT1BRJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== Hope this helps...
  8. That is a sweet looking setup! What are the plans for exhaust?
  9. It is a brake reservoir. I had an extra fill cap so I drilled and tapped it put in a nipple and ran a hose up to a wildwood remote reservoir. Seems like it will make life a lot easier once the fenders are on.
  10. Made some more progress in the build. The headlights and parking/turn signals are back in and working. I have ordered new bezels so they will be installed when they get here. I have included some shots of my wiring as well. Shame I had to hide all the cloth wires but I like the results.
  11. Here are the paint codes and a shot of the cowl I just put back on this week.
  12. When I had the Red painted on my truck I used a 1969 Barracuda "Scorch Red" which seemed to be the closest I could find to 1953 "Dodge Truck Red". I am really happy with the way it turned out. The Chrysler code is DT3333. My painter used Metalux R6 Ay1ER6. There are specific codes to get the "Scorch Red" and I would be happy to share them if you are interested. Here is a shot of my cab although the computer always makes it tough to see the real color.
  13. The bottom piece is the one with the finished edge. The window surround has to go under as it is not finished.
  14. Got the interior finished. Couple of notes for installation. The lower corner pieces came with wood to put in the corner 15 1/2 inches away from the two wood pieces in the center. I only used the passenger side as the drivers side with the fuel filler was just too tight. The notch in the corner piece had to be elongated and the bottom of the corner had to be trimmed to make them fit as well. I used drywall screws to tighten up where various pieces meet as they would wobble if left alone. Also installed drivers and passenger sun visors from DCM. I did need to drill out the mounting holes in the brackets as they were way to tight for the screws but otherwise they went in well. Happy with the product and glad my interior is in - one more step closer. Now I can go on a month long camping trip feeling good.
  15. Another update. Got the dome light installed. Not an original, the prices are way to high, it is from NAPA part number G6151. I think it looks okay and somewhat period even if it is LED. It will certianly light up the cab when needed. I put a simply push button switch mounted under the dash to turn it on and off. Also got the headliner put up and it is a little bit of a pain. Had to trim the back and cut some of the stitching to get it to fit. The back corners will be covered by the upper corner pieces so the cuts will not be visible. Would have been much easier with another person but...I was able to get it in using some colorful language which I am sure made all the difference. Put in the center wood supports for the lower back piece as well. Used 2inch sheet metal screws to secure the wood to the braces and was kinda nervous about the first one. But I measured right and did not go out the back of cab.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use